Mechanical Circulatory Support will accept applications for consideration of funding of educational grants.
Educational grants include funding requests in the following areas:
- Charitable Monetary Grant: Charitable fundrasing requests related to disease states treated by Mechanical Circulatory Support therapy. The recipient, except in rare instances, must be a tax-exempt charity.
- Healthcare Education Grant with CME/CEU Credits: Third-party scientific meetings and conferences, including grand rounds, related to Mechanical Circulatory Support and HeartWare HVAD System approved therapy. This type of meeting or conference may be sponsored by either a for-profit or a non-profit organization. Typical sponsors include professional societies, universities, hospitals and CME providers. The form is designed for activities that issue CME/CEU credits.
- Fellowships: Mechanical Circulatory Support will consider proposals for the support of fellowship programs at teaching institutions and medical centers with an academic or charitable affiliation. Mechanical Circulatory Support may also elect to provide support for training during major medical or scientific conferences for education purposes.
- Please check back in November for the Fellowship application instructions.
- Healthcare Education Grant without CME/CEU Credits: Meetings and activities, including grand rounds and public education relative to Mechanical Circulatory Support and the HeartWare HVAD System approved therapy. This type of meeting or activity may be sponsored by either a for-profit or a non-profit organization. Typical sponsors include professional societies, universities, hospitals and CME providers. The form is designed for activities that do not issue CME/CEU credits.
We are moving to the Medtronic Grant Application and Reporting System. Please click on the appropriate link above register as a "new applicant".
All applications must be received at least 8 weeks prior to the activity for which funding is sought in order to allow sufficient time for consideration and approval.
If a funding request is approved, a Letter of Agreement will be coordinated between Medtronic and the requesting organization.
The Investigator-Sponsored Research Grants application process has moved to erp.medtronic.com.